Monday, August 2, 2010

Farewell to Kelly Glasser ....Guardian ad Litem

Kelly and her husband Joe died in a tragic kayaking accident in Utah over the weekend. I didn't know much about her on a personal level but I worked with her for many years as she represented DCFS children who are in foster care. She had a carefree laugh and along with her long, loose, curly hair those two things symbolized her attitude about life.

Kelly also represented my two daughters in court just weeks ago; they have been on her caseload since the day they entered care 5 years ago. I will have to share with them, today also, of our great loss.

"Guardian ad Litem" is a Latin term meaning, 'Guardian of the child'...she did it in her profession of attorney, and I'm positive she will continue in this work on the other side. May God bless with comfort her family and friends during this unexpected loss (and recovery). I love you Kelli.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I love you! The only word to discribe you is AMAZING.
You saved me and you saved my family. I will never forget you.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Jeepers! You gave me serious goosebumps. How tragic! And she died with her husband? What a loss.