Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Good Laugh!

So, i walk in the door from church today and my 17 yr old jumps up, meets me at the door, hugs me and says "it took you long enough!" (to get home). And I feel quite loved. Then I ascend the stairs and she asks me what is in the glass in the bathroom? I said, I didn't know. (I am now in my bedroom to change from Sunday dress to jeans).
"Is it beer?", one of them shouts to me...
"NO !".
"Is it urine?", the other one shouts...
"NO!",
"Well, it's the color of beer and urine, what's in it, we can't figure it out?! And it kinda smells like urine..."

I exit my room, peek into the bathroom as I walk towards them...
These girls know I am a Diet Coke fanatic. Yet this thought never occured to them. I guess it's more fun to think of what wild idea it could have been. And I smile as I mentally picture them sniffing the glass, maybe one daring the other to take a sip. HA!

I explaned that I had poured a glass of Diet Coke this morning while I was doing a little bit (a very little bit) of makeup and I had left the glass with a small amount of Diet Coke and some ice in the bathroom...the ice melted so it was a goldish color instead of brown like undiluted Diet Coke! Then in unison, my 15 and 17 yr old sighed, "Ohhhhhhhh!"

Oh yeah, I had a good laugh over that one! Then I went in to the bathroom, picked up the glass, took back the first answer and said, "you were right, it is urine, I was doing a pregnancy test. (and I gulped it down)."
Then in unison, "GROOOSSSSSSSS!" Another good laugh.
I love teenagers!

No comments: